Enroll | Forms | Careers |

Frequently Asked Questions - Appeals

Who would I talk to about getting financial assistance?

The process begins by completing an application for services with intake staff. Once a complete application is received, applicant will meet with eligibility staff to determine eligibility.

Do I need an appointment to meet with intake staff?

No, intake staff are available to meet with clients on a walk-in basis between 8:00 am to 3:00 pm Monday through Friday.

If I’ve received services from Tlingit & Haida in the past, do I need to turn in a new application?

No, you do not need to complete an application if you have received services in the past 90 days. After 90 days a new application is required.

I have already met with eligibility staff and they said they were going to mail my benefits, but I have not received anything yet. Who would I talk to about this?

You will need to contact our eligibility staff.

Enrollment Eligibility

Do I have to be Tlingit or Haida to enroll with Tlingit & Haida?

Yes, we are restricted to enrolling individuals of Tlingit and/or Haida descent (bloodline).

Do I need an original birth certificate to be enrolled?

Yes, your original birth certificate is needed. If applying via U.S. Postal Service, your birth certificate will be returned to you via certified mail with return receipt once documented for your enrollment record.

I’m adopted, what paperwork do I need to submit with my application?

You will need to submit your pre-adoptive birth certificate or couort document with biological parent(s) listed along with your certified amended birth certificate.

How often do you meet to enroll new tribal citizens?

The Tribal Enrollment Committee meets quarterly (four times per year).

Is it possible to be enrolled before the next scheduled Tribal Enrollment Committee meeting?

Yes, Tlingit & Haida's President or designee can authorize a Provisional (temporary) Enrollment.

Blood Quantum Information

How do I change my blood quantum?

If your blood quantum is incorrect, you will need to request a correction in writing and provide the necessary documentation showing proof of blood quantum.

Will my descendants' blood quantum be automatically corrected?

No, you will need to provide the name and date of birth for each descendant in order for their blood quantum to be corrected.

Tribal ID Cards

How do I get a Tribal ID card?

Stop by our Juneau office located at 320 W Willoughby Ave., (3rd Floor) with a form of ID verification (State ID, Social Security Card, or Voter Register) and our staff will be happy to assist you.

To obtain a new tribal ID via the U.S. Postal Service, mail a completed and notarized Affidavit for Tribal Identification Card to:

Tlingit & Haida
Attn: Program Compliance
PO Box 25500, Juneau AK 99802

To obtain the Affidavit, contact our office at 1.800.344.1432 ext. 7146 or 907.463.7146, or download it from our website at www.ccthita-nsn.gov/services/enrollment/overview.

Enrollment Information Provided or Released

What information is provided over the phone regarding enrollment?

  • No information is provided to an outside entity without a signed and dated written release.
  • Your enrollment number can be provided to you after demographic verification.

Can family members request verification of enrollment?

If over 18, a written Release of Information (ROI) or Power of Attorney (POA) is required to release enrollment verification.